Saturday, September 28, 2013

ROLEPLAY: My characters and my plans for them

As mentioned in the previous post, I want to address my plans for my previous characters. I want to tell you now that not many will survive this 'cut'...there will be a lot of 'maybe's. I'll begin by explaining the three categories I will be placing them in:

Definitely
Means they're gonna come back and they'll always be in my heart, even if I don't put them in an active forum yet. These are characters I will not throw away because of various reasons...whether they're just very well developed characters, they've had much interaction with other people's characters and character development or that I just really like their concept.

Ehhhhhhhhh...
...Just means maybe. A character under this category may have a very interesting concept behind them which makes me want to keep them but they either have not developed enough at all to be worthwhile or I do not really see a future with them. Basically, I see that their future is very limited, therefore I am unsure whether I want to keep them. Note: I may make these types of characters has placeholders. For example, someone who is important as a plot device, but is unneeded as a full character. What makes a character worthwhile, imo, is one that I find being able to trudge through exams and trials...aka, having some kind of vivid endgame. Without it, I am not sure whether or not I would keep them.

Nope, nope, nope.
Just a character I don't find a future. They might have not spoken to many people or made themselves much of a name anyway, so there's no point in continuing with them. For me, I feel like having a large amount of characters takes away from giving love and attention to characters that need it. With such a large roster, it's very possible for your strongest character to not be as strong as someone to started at the same time as you but only owns one or two characters. Focus is a good thing. However, this does not mean that I plan on never resurrecting this character...it means if the character fits the bill, then it has a very slim chance of being revived. If they are a character's brother or sister, they either don't have a large part in their life and can be roleplayed as an NPC, or they work as a more detailed placeholder for that title.

------

So here we go.

Escellsia:
Airika
Akroma
Alyss Frey
Cassius Redhunt
Ellesme Haori
Huxley
Unite S Jening
Linnea Redhunt
Reiner Suou
Sorin Haori
Tatsui Suou

Elestia:
Matchi

Vescrutia:
Eleisa

Ardermina Online:
Kazuo Nara; Umbrix Chiffon
Elisheba Morrison; Zelisus Barlowe

Misc:
B.M.

Kwandrivia:
Chantilly
Yue Ying

If there are any characters I missed for Esc, please let me know because I didn't exactly save a list. :S Comment to let me know any of your thoughts on my decisions. Whether it be "Noooooooo ____" or "WHY YOU DO THAT TO ____!".

No comments:

Post a Comment